Rules and Regulations For All Tournaments
All rules will be in accordance with NFHS standards unless otherwise noted.
Girls Specific Rule:
We will follow US Lacrosse “Official Rules for girls’ and women’s lacrosse” with modifications based on “US Lacrosse Youth Rules and Best Practices: and US Lacrosse Tournament Standards and the following modifications: Due to the running clock, A GAME/HALF MAY NOT END ON A DEFENSIVE PENALTY. In the event of a defensive penalty within the CSA resulting in an expired clock, play will resume on the officials whistle. Trail Official will count :03 Seconds of play from point of Free Position at the whistle. During the :03 seconds, regular game rules exist, including the potential for another defensive foul, pass, a shot or a goal. All goal calls are final.
All Other Rules:
- Playing time will consist of two 22 minute running halves with a 3-minute halftime.
- One time-out per team per game. One time-out per team in OT. Clock and penalty time (if applicable) stops during time out.
- NFHS stick regulations will be used.
- Substitutions are on the fly, except after a goal is scored or on a time-serving penalty. In that case the officials will allow a quick substitution to get EMO or MDD on the field.
- Penalties will be running time. The penalty time will begin when the ref blows the whistle to restart play. All time serving penalties will be normal time (ie 1min = 1 min, 30 sec = 30 sec.)
- All ties in playoff games will be decided by sudden victory 4 minute overtime period(s) until a winner is determined.
- All playoff games will play same playing time as regulation games.
- Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- Any coach or player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the following scheduled game for their team. Multiple infractions will lead to ejection from tournament at directors discretion.
- There will be no stick checks unless requested by the opposing coach. If the stick is not legal, the appropriate penalty will be assessed.
- All legal stick & body checks are permitted. No take-out checks are permitted by any player at any age level.
- Timing rules (Clear defensive Zone in 20 seconds and 10 seconds to get into offense box) will apply in the boys Middle School and older. No counts in youth divisions.
- Girls middle school and younger divisions will have no checking above the shoulder (modified checking)
- No player may compete or be on a roster of more than one team during the tournament. Director approval may be granted if a program or team has a special situation (ie missing players.)
- Divisions are determined by graduation year. Teams should register based on oldest player on their roster. (Example: If you have 4 players in 2018 class and 18 in 2019 class then register in 2018 division) If you have a question or a unique situation contact directors.
- No High School Graduates are eligible. All players must be 18 years or younger.
- Any team with a player in violation of any of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the player is known to have competed and forfeit the opportunity to advance to the playoff round.
Ties will be broken in the following manner and sequence:
- Head to head play
- Fewest goals allowed
- Goal Differential
- Goals Scored
- Coin Flip
A Carpetbagger Field Manager will hold the official score for each game at the score table on each field. Scores will be reported to tourney machine app immediately following the game. Coaches are encouraged to verify score after each game with field administrator at their field.
Only the team spokesman and the referee on the field will discuss any questions or disputes. Disputes will not be heard after the game. The spirit of the game is the key to resolving disputes.
Carpetbagger Lacrosse reserves the right to disqualify a team for infractions of the following policies:
- Use of Illegal Players: The players listed on the roster at the time the roster is submitted are the only players eligible to play.
- False Information: Information provided on your entry form is the basis for division breakdowns. Any false information is grounds for disqualification.
- Unnecessary vulgarity or abrasive conduct: Good sportsmanship is expected. Spirit of the game is expected as well. Carpetbagger Lacrosse reserves the right to immediately terminate a game and/or escort a player, team, coach or spectator from the premises.
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a "festival" format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather and fields are playable.
If thunder or lightning is observed play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be asked to leave the field. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning is observed. If a game is in progress, the period will end immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time.
If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent games the following actions will occur:
- The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half.
- Subsequent games will begin immediately after preceding games. These games will consist of one 35 minute running time period until games are back on schedule.
- No timeouts will be allowed in any time shortened games.
- Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 22 minute running time periods.
- Director discretion to reschedule all games as needed.
- We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but will not jeopardize the safety of any player.
WEATHER REFUND POLICY
- No team will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for games canceled for reasons other than weather (forfeits, no shows, etc.).
- No refunds will be issued for games shortened due to weather.
- If one game is canceled due to weather, there will be no refund.
- If multiple games are cancelled due to weather a $100 credit will be provided for the following year tournament.